Saturday, June 1, 2013

when the man goes fishin'...

It's a gorgeous day on the shoreline, I really should have gone to the beach.  Instead, I fooled around with some new Stampin' Up! products today.

Washi tape.  I wanna love it.  It's so cute, it's so trendy, it's so f-u-n!  But I'm not sure it's me.  This may take some getting used to... I wasn't too sure about this card, but I posted this on our Stampin' Up! demonstrator's website and it got such great feedback.  I was a little surprised.


  Gingham.  So fresh, so fun, so quintessentially summer.  And after this past winter, who isn't ready for a little summertime feel?  I made use of some more washi tape in this one too.  Point for me.





This banner birthday was super fun to make, using Stampin' Up!'s paper piercing templates I just lined up two lines of holes across the page and poked, then crossstiched a few x's with embroidery thread.  This card features the new Label Love stamp set and Artisan Label punch.   The only use my sewing machine has received since becoming a demonstrator is on paper!  Have one? Pull it out and get stitching.  Stitching on paper is so easy.




Strawberry Slush and Crisp Canteloupe are two new colors to Stampin' Up! this year, they're part of the 2013-15 In Color collection, which also includes fabulous colors like Coastal Cabana (my all time favorite), Pistachio Pudding and Baked Brown Sugar - hungry yet?  Here I've paired them together, using a technique where you ink the front side of your embossing folder (here with strawberry slush ink) and run it through your Big Shot.  I really like the subtle tone on tone look it gives using the same color ink as your cardstock.

Call, text or email me to book your Stampin' Up! workshop today and get free products from our brand spankin' new 2013-2014 Annual Catalog found here.

Thanks for looking in,
Liz

ps - going out for dinner tonight, guess that's why they call it 'fishing' and not 'catching' - heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment